RACE FOR THEIR LIVES
SEPTEMBER 21, 2013
GIFFORD PINCHOT STATE PARK
CONEWAGO DAY USE AREA
Mark your calendar for Furry Friends Network's 8th annual
5K Trail Run and 2-Mile Fun Walk
This year we race to beat cancer!
Cancer is a leading cause of death in companion animals. An estimated 1,100 out of every 100,000 dogs and slightly fewer cats develop cancer each year, a rate similar to humans. Your support for Race for Their Lives will not only help animals in need but also make a difference for cancer prevention and treatment with 5% of net proceeds from Race for Their Lives donated to the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine to help fund cancer research in companion animals.
REGISTER START FUNDRAISING PURCHASE RAFFLE TICKETS DONATE
- RACE START 9:00 A.M.
- EVENT DAY REGISTRATION & RACE PACKET PICKUP OPEN AT 7:45 A.M.
- ADVANCE REGISTRATION $35; EVENT DAY REGISTRATION $40
- ADVANCE REGISTRATION CLOSES MIDNIGHT, WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2013
- SEPARATE REGISTRATION POINTS ON SEPTEMBER 21, 2013 FOR RACE DAY REGISTRATION
AND ADVANCE REGISTRATION RACE PACKET PICKUP
- REGISTRATION INCLUDES RACE PACKET, RACE T-SHIRT, 20 RAFFLE TICKETS, MORE
- BREAKFAST FOOD, LUNCH AND LOADS OF FUN FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY
- SEPARATE START AND FINISH LINES FOR WALK AND RUN
- WALK & RUN WINNER PRIZES, TEAM PRIZES, FUNDRAISER PRIZES, SPECIAL CANINE PRIZES
- BRING YOUR CANINE BEST FRIEND. SPECIAL GOODIES FOR ATTENDING CANINES!
- PHOTOS BY NATE! HAVE YOUR PICTURE TAKEN ON SITE BY FFN'S SPECIAL PHOTOGRAPHER
- DJ BOB FOLTZ RETURNING AGAIN THIS YEAR TO PROVIDE MORNING MUSIC AND AUDIO
- RENT-A-D0G AS YOUR RACE COMPANION!
- DOGGIE DOOR PRIZE TABLE FEATURES PET HALLOWEEN COSTUMES
RECRUIT YOUR FAMILY, FRIENDS, NEIGHBORS AND CO-WORKERS
TO JOIN THE FUN
WALK OR RUN! SUPPORT RACE FOR THEIR LIVES
BY RAISING MONETARY PLEDGES TO HELP BEAT CANCER
AND SAVE MORE ANIMALS IN NEED
REGISTER AS AN INDIVIDUAL OR TEAM
Teams will consist of three members only. No teams of combined runners and walkers allowed. Three team member times are totaled for a team score. All team members are also eligible for individual awards. All teams must be pre-registered by Wednesday, September 18, 2013 as part of the advance registration deadline.
Well behaved, physically fit, spayed/ neutered, licensed and currently vaccinated canines are welcome! Special canine prizes will be based on advance registration information only.
*NEW AT RACE FOR THEIR LIVES 2013*
1. Race packets include 20 raffle tickets for each participant as part of the basic event registration.
Consistent with state park regulations, raffle tickets will NOT be sold at the event. Tickets will be sold prior to the event, online via FirstGiving or by mailing the below REGISTRATION/RAFFLE TICKET PURCHASE FORM with your payment. Additional raffle tickets will be included with your registration packet. Additional raffle tickets must be purchased by Wednesday, September 18, 2013, consistent with the advance registration deadline.
20 TICKETS FOR $10.00
50 TICKETS FOR $20.00
100 TICKETS FOR $40.00
200 TICKETS FOR $75.00
2. Fundraisers bringing $1,500 to Race for Their Lives on September 21, 2013 race will be entered in a special drawing for one week vacation stay. FIND OUT MORE.
Doggie Door Prizes Table - Your Doggie Door Prize Ticket can be redeemed for a Pet Halloween Costume or accessory, or a canine or feline toy.
Furry Friends Network will be marching in the Carlisle Halloween Parade, Monday, October 21, 2013, 7:00 p.m. and hope to have 100+ dogs in costume to WOW the crowd! Mark your calendars to join us!
Rent-A-Dog for your race companion for only $5.00. A great way to "try out" a potential adoptee, or just enjoy a doggie friend on the trail!
FURRY FRIENDS NETWORK
RACE FOR THEIR LIVES
PO B0X 519
BOILING SPRINGS, PA 17007
USE THIS LINK TO PURCHASE RAFFLE TICKETS IF YOU ARE NOT REGISTERING TO WALK/RUN.
USE THIS LINK TO REGISTER TO WALK/RUN AND/OR TO START FUNDRAISING.
USE THIS LINK TO START YOUR FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN. YOU DO NOT NEED TO REGISTER TO RUN/WALK TO OPEN YOUR FUNDRAISING ACCOUNT.
YOUR SUPPORT WILL NOT ONLY HELP ANIMALS IN NEED BUT ALSO MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOR CANCER PREVENTION AND TREATMENT.
BRING TO REGISTRATION IN AN ENVELOPE MARKED WITH TOTAL MONETARY PLEDGES.
MONERARY SPONSORSHIPS, DONATED ITEMS AS WELL AS GIFT CARDS TO BUSINESSES WILL MAKE OUR EVENT SUCCESSFUL IN MANY WAYS.
HELP US ADVERTISE THE EVENT IN YOUR OFFICE AND FAVORITE BUSINESS ESTABLISHMENTS.
PLEASE NOTE - CANINES AND TEAMS MUST BE PRE-REGISTERED BY WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2013 TO QUALIFY FOR AWARDS.
Gifford Pinchot State Park MAP
Gifford Pinchot State Park DIRECTIONS
INFORMATION TO PARTICIPANTS CARD
SEND US YOUR INSPIRATION FOR RACE FOR THEIR LIVES 2013.
RFTL 2013 TOP DOG SPONSORS
RFTL 2013 TIME SHARE VACATION GRAND PRIZE DONATION
RFTL 2013 GLAMOUR KITTY SPONSORS
RFTL 2013 ALL PAWS SPONSORS
RFTL 2013 DAILY GROWL SPONSORS
Furry Friends Network is non-profit 501(c)(3) organization and relies upon private donations to help fund our rescue operations.
The official registration and financial information of Furry Friends Network may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.